Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A weekend of "firsts"...

All right, first of all, thank you Shelia for being my on-line blog consultant :-) As soon as I have full access to my computer at the new house (you know, when I can get DSL again and it doesn't take me forever to open any links, etc) I plan to dedicate a serious amount of time to my beloved blog (I'll need breaks from all the unpacking after all).


And, as far as the outside color of the house, I want some ocean/teal/blue sort of color. Something cheerful... A girlfriend suggested getting the front door painted some strong red, and that might be an excellent idea to hold me over for a couple of years... Thanks, Annette!

Well, last Saturday, DH came up with this crazy idea, which the kids were all over it in no time at all: attend a Tractor Pull - it's so much fun... Yeah, I'll give you a moment to mentally picture ME in the midst of a Tractor Pull since I did not even bother bringing a camera (I didn't want any proof left over for posterity that I ever attended such an event!). Suffice it to say that a Demolition Derby is a thousand times more entertaining. On the way back, I made DH stop and get me one of the "dangling carrots" he promised me for moving to WI: a new Dyson vacuum cleaner (don't worry - I have a long list for him).



Sunday though, was a lot better. DH acquired some tickets for the Packer game at Lambeau Field against the Cowboys (are you guys following me??). That was a lot of fun! I'll tell you what - it was like walking into a State Fair from where we parked all the way to the stadium! They really go all the way here with green & yellow gear. Not to feel out of place (since I was the only one in the family without Packer gear) we went to Sports Authority the day before and got me a hoodie since I couldn't find an Aaron Rodgers jersey that would fit me.

Anyway, we had our tailgate party in the parking lot along with a gazillion other people, marched into the stadium and had a terrific time (not taking the final score into consideration here). As we entered the stadium they gave each of us a Packer flag to wave during the game. They also had sign making stations throughout the stadium so that you could make your sign right there if you forgot to bring one from home. How nice! I sat next to a very nice older gentleman who has been a season ticket holder for forever, and he was ever so nice, cluing me in to when the F-18 jets were gonna fly over the stadium, explaining to me who the funny fellow in the sidelines with the neon orange cooking gloves was and what he was doing, and sharing more game trivia than I can remember now. I tried to reply as if I knew more football than I really do, but I either faked well or he just humored me. As I was trying to take a picture of Randy and the kids, a very nice Packer fan just stopped and offered to take the picture of all of us (and I saw that happen around me as well). They are all so nice! Some Packer fan guys had platinum blond wigs on and I couldn't figure out why till DH explained it was a salute of sorts to Jessica. It was pretty funny. Next time I'll take a picture!

The kids had a good time and were actually well behaved for the most part. They did get bored at about half time but when we offered to leave a bit before the end of the 4th quarter (if you watched the game you can understand why) they actually refused and we stayed trough the end. Green Bay is about 2 hours from home, and the game ended past 10:30 pm, but they had a nice little nap on the way home. Now that we have fulfilled our promise to take them to a Packer game at Lambeau Field, we decided that if at all possible, we're gonna find a sitter for the next game we attend. Who know, maybe the little darlings are the ones who jinxed the game... yeah, that's what happened!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Beautiful home! May God bless your beautiful home!